Experience and feel winter in Saalbach Hinterglemm
Sport and fun away from the ski pistes
Should you not be inclined towards skiing or snowboarding, Saalbach Hinterglemm will still inspire you – since there are so many variety-packed leisure activities waiting to be enjoyed! As well as the well-known and popular winter sports such as cross-country skiing and tobogganing, you can also look forward to snow-shoe hikes and horse-drawn sled rides in Salzburger Land. While ice-skating and curling you get to experience snow-covered Salzburger Land from a different perspective.
Exciting winter sport in Salzburger Land
Looking for excitement away from the ski pistes in Saalbach Hinterglemm? Then have a go at one of the following exciting sports:
- Winter hiking: 22 cleared winter hiking trails which span 140 km in total await. The popular Sonnseit promenade runs right past the SCHNEKRISTALL. Grab your hiking poles and re-energise in the breath-taking winter landscape. Sun-worshippers who don't have any ski equipment can use the Sonnenkarte to travel on the cable cars and head up into the lofty heights.
- Tobogganing: 3 different natural toboggan runs are here waiting to be discovered.
- Snow-shoe hiking: Register right away for one of the guided tours in the deeply snow-covered Glemmtal Valley.
- Horse-drawn sled rides: The romantics among winter holiday-makers will definitely go into raptures on these rides.
- Ice-skating: Dance on the ice on the rink in Hinterglemm
- Paragliding: Experience the unique feeling of floating through the mountains in Salzburg.
- Snowtubing: It is not just our little guests who have fun on the snowtubing route on the Unterschwarzachbahn in Hinterglemm.
- Riding in a snow mobile, on a snow groomer, quad rides: All three of these sports have some speedy fun in store.
- Ice karting: Breath-taking action on around 3500 square metres of glistening ice is waiting for you.
Special highlights in Saalbach Hinterglemm are the Tree-top Path and the 'Golden Gate Bridge of the Alps'. Both of these small, yet wonderful sights, are definitely worth a visit.
Winter sport: Pure variety in Salzburger Land
No matter what one of the many winter sports you choose, fun and action are certain. What about some speedy quad riding in the morning, a hike across the Tree-top Path in the afternoon and a romantic horse-drawn sled ride in the head of the valley in the evening – your winter holiday in Saalbach will be variety-packed!
The ideal place to stay for your winter holiday in Saalbach Hinterglemm is the Apartmenthouse SCHNEEKRISTALL – where you get to experience typical Austrian cordiality and hospitality! Get in touch today!